Swim BC is the leading provincial sport organization for swimming in Canada.
Swim BC leads, creates and organizes an environment conducive for success in swimming.
Swim BC is a not-for-profit Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) and the governing body for competitive swimming in British Columbia. Additionally, Swim BC is a member of the National Sport Organization (NSO), Swimming Canada (SNC).
Affiliate organizations which fall within Swim BC’s umbrella include the Masters Swimming Association of BC (MSABC) and the BC Swim Coaches Association (BCSCA). Swim BC members include 56 age-group swim clubs, four university clubs, seven swim associations, and 48 masters clubs. The clubs are found in every region of the province and collectively boast over 14,000 individual members (swimmers, coaches, club board members, and officials).
Read the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan and Vision Overview.
View the Swim BC Constitution and Bylaws.
Swim BC is driven by its vision of being a world leader in every component of swimming and strives to provide the leadership and means for its members to achieve excellence in all areas of swimming. Swim BC works hard at developing, delivering and promoting a variety of services and programs to enhance the presence of competitive swimming in the province. Swim BC subscribes to the philosophy of being an athlete centered, coach driven, and administratively supported organization.
The Swim BC Board of Directors is made up of seven positions. Swim BC has multiple advisory committees, including Policy, Financial, Regional Directors, Officials, Human Resources, Nominations, Awards, Technical Advisory and Affiliated Members.
The President and Directors are elected at the Swim BC AGM held annually. Directors shall be elected for a term of two (2) years. The President shall be eligible for re-election or reappointment but may only serve two (2) consecutive terms (four years) in such position.
Regional Directors are appointed annually from the registered clubs in their respective region. Their term commences following the closing of each Annual General Meeting.
General Board Responsibilities
- To uphold the Association's constitution, bylaws, policies and values;
- To provide the leadership and direction to implement, monitor, review and update the Swim BC Strategic Plan;
- To review and recommend changes to the policies and guidelines of the Association;
- To respond to the directives of the Association;
- To receive and approve the operating budget;
- To promote the profile of the Association to the community; and,
- To evaluate the progress toward the achievement of the mission statement.
The official head of the Association who represents Swim BC is required;
- To guide and oversee the business and financial affairs of the Association;
- To be aware of all business and financial decisions of the Association;
- To ensure the Board of Directors are kept informed of all critical matters pertaining to the Association;
- To ensure the Association is represented on all matters dealing with government agencies; and,
- To serve as the Swimming Canada (SNC) Voting Delegate, or appoint an alternative
2017-2018 SWIM BC Board of Directors
- President - Linda Metcalfe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elected to the Board September 2017· Chair of the Policy Review Committee· Chair of Regional Directors Committee· Chair of Affiliates Committee· Member of the HR CommitteeCore Competency: Sales & Marketing· Sales & Marketing professional· NCCP Level 2 trained· Level 5 National official
- Director - Mike Ball
- Elected to the Board September 2017· Chair of Technical Advisory Committee· Member of Dispute Resolution Committee· Member of Finance CommitteeCore Competency: Sales & Marketing, Project Management· Sales director· Active in the sport of swimming for 45+ years as an athlete, coach, official, administrator & parent
- Director - Pilar Catala
- Elected to the board September 2013· Chair of Finance Committee· Chair of Marketing CommitteeCore Competencies: Marketing & Finance· Digital Marketing and eCommerce Professional
- Director - Larry Chrobot
- Appointed to the Board November 2009· Chair of Awards Committee· Board Representative for the Officials Advisory CommitteeCore Competency: Business Leadership and Management, Human Resources· Level 5 National Official
- Director - Liz Collins (Secretary)
- Elected to the board September 2017· Chair of HR Committee· Member of Policy Review CommitteeCore Competency: Human Resources· Human Resource Professional, CPHR Candidate· NCCP level 2 trained
- Director - Eric Gottardi
- Appointed to the Board in May 2017Re-Elected to the Board in September 2017· Chair of the Dispute Resolution Committee· Chair of Nominations Committee· Member of the Policy Review CommitteeCore Competency: Legal· Barrister and Solicitor in good standing with the Law society of BC since 2003· NCCP Level 2 trained
Should you wish to contact a Board Member, please reach out to the SWIM BC Office Manager. email@example.com